In summary, New Covenant Theology (NCT) teaches that the Mosaic Law Covenant is obsolete, taking the full force of Hebrews 8:13 where it says, “In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete.” NCT states that Christians are now under a better covenant, the New Covenant in Christ’s blood and under the law of the Spirit, not the law of Moses. NCT also sees the book of Hebrews, as well as the books of Romans and Galatians making strong supporting statements that support the NCT framework. NCT does not agree with the tripartite division of the law, and sees the Mosaic Law as a complete whole that cannot be divided.
For further reading, the following articles are recommended:
- What is New Covenant Theology by Blake White
- The Abolition and Fulfillment of the Law in Paul by Thomas Schreiner
- Anabaptists and the New Covenant by David Moffitt
- The Law of Christ or the Law of Moses by Douglas Moo
- What is New Covenant Theology [Video] by Cross to Crown Ministries
- Abraham’s Four Seeds by John Reisinger